At TRS Resourcing we believe that your right to keep your personal information private is highly important. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and maintained always. TRS Resourcing complies with the Privacy Laws and the National Privacy Principles as well as our existing obligations of confidentiality.
When a candidate registers with TRS Resourcing for us to find them employment, there are several things we wish them to know about how we collect, store, utilize and disclose the information we collect about them.
The Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 became legislation on 21 December 2001. The purpose of the Act is to ensure that your privacy is protected when you supply personal and private information to any private sector organization.
The Act incorporates the National Privacy Principles (NPPs). TRS Resourcing strictly adheres to the NPPs.
NPP 1 relates to the collection of personal information about an individual. NPP 1.3 requires the organization that is collecting information about you to ensure you are aware of your rights in relation to the collection. To this end, TRS Resourcing has developed the following Collection Statement, which we invite candidates to read and then sign our Candidate Consent and Certification Form before we register them as a candidate.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about a living person. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about a candidate’s work performance (whether true or not), the candidate’s work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with their possible work placements. Personal information includes sensitive information.
What is sensitive information?
• Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinion about a person’s:
• Racial or ethnic origin;
• Political opinion
• Membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
• Membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
• Sexual preferences or practices;
• Criminal record;
• Health or disability (at any time);
• Expressed wishes about the future provision of health services. It includes personal information collected to provide a health service.
Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with a candidate’s consent. We do not actively seek to collect sensitive information about a candidate, except for information about the candidate’s membership of a professional association. If we do have to collect sensitive information about a candidate we will do so in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information?
TRS Resourcing will collect your personal and sensitive information for its own use and on behalf of other members of the TRS Resourcing who might require access to your personal and sensitive information in connection with your work placements.
A third party, not being a member of the TRS Resourcing, hosts our web site. Each time a person visits our web site, statistical data may be collected. This data, if collected, is not linked to a particular person and does not provide TRS Resourcing with any personal or sensitive information.
How your information will be collected – Attending our Offices for Registration and/or Interview.
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit one of our registration forms or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when we receive:
• Any reference about you;
• Results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
• The results of your work rights status;
• The results of any competency or medical test;
• Performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
• Any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
• Any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
• a response from a job advertisement be it written, verbal or electronic;
• Any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved; or when
• You provide us with any additional information about you.
How Your Information will be Collected – Visiting our Web Site
You can visit our web site and browse without the need to disclose any personal information.
When you visit the TRS Resourcing web site, we may record anonymous information such as the date and time of your visit, the server/IP address, which site was visited and the information viewed and/or downloaded. The information gathered cannot be directly matched to an individual and is only used for administration and statistical purposes such as error logging. The information cannot tell us anything about you; it can only tell us about how you used our web site. This information can help us determine what areas of our web site are most beneficial to our visitors. No attempt is made by TRS Resourcing to identify users or their browsing activities.
How Your Information will be Collected – Sending us an Email
TRS Resourcing will only record your e-mail address if you send us a message or otherwise communicate the e-mail address to us. The e-mail address will only be used for the purpose for which you provide it and it will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent.
How Your Personal Information Will Be Used by TRS Resourcing
Your personal and sensitive information will be used in connection with the following:
Your actual or possible work placement.
• Checking your work rights status with any government department or body or their agents.
• Payment for work completed on a temporary or contract assignment.
• Sending superannuation contributions to our appointed agent, The Superannuation Clearing House for distribution to your chosen superannuation fund or, if you have not chosen a fund, to our preferred fund, Recruitment Super.
• Contacting you to offer you work or to ascertain your availability for work.
• Your performance appraisals.
• Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects.
• Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo.
• Our identification of your training needs.
• Any workplace rehabilitation.
• Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved.
• Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
• Ensuring our internal business processes are operating efficiently which may include quality assurance audits, quality and service evaluations, fulfilling legal requirements and conducting confidential systems maintenance and testing.
• To undertake directly or through an agent criminal reference checking with relevant government.
To Whom May TRS Resourcing Disclose Your Personal Information?
• Your personal information may be disclosed to:
• Potential and actual employers and clients of TRS Resourcing.
• Other members of the TRS Resourcing.
• Our insurers.
• A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information.
• A Workers Compensation body.
• Any government department or body or their agents, to verify your work rights status.
• Our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers.
• Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
If you do not give us the information we seek we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you and/or place you in work.
How Does TRS Resourcing Protect the Security of Your Information?
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
Physical Security We have a number of safety measures in place to protect your information. For example, your personal information is stored in secured offices and in computerized databases, which require a log in and password to be accessed. Access to the database is only available to those who require such access. All staff are bound by a confidentiality agreement regarding company and customer information.
Visitor Control Visitors to our offices are always under close supervision by a member of our staff for the duration of their visit.
Record Destruction We use secure methods to destroy or de-identify personal information either as the law requires or requested by you. If requested we will de- identify your database record and destroy your personal information, unless required to be kept by law such as retaining tax and wages information.
You can gain access to your information to correct it, if it is wrong.
Subject to some exceptions, which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
How to Contact Us
Information Statement for Work Seekers
Your relationship with TRS Resourcing, a private employment agent, is regulated by a number of Commonwealth and State laws, and in particular the Private Employment Agents Act 2005 and the Private Employment Agents (Code of Conduct) Regulation 2005 (the Code).
Prior to providing you with placement and employment services, we are obliged, as a Private Employment Agent, to provide you, as a work seeker, with the following information:
1. TRS Resourcing recruitment fee’s shall not be chargeable to an employee in relation to any transactions (s36(1)) of the employment agents Act 1976
TRS Resourcing will ensure that all placements are made in accordance with any relevant legislative requirements.
If you believe your agent has acted illegally, inappropriately or in a false or misleading way, you may obtain information about action that may be taken from the Department of Commerce – Consumer Protection, Locked Bag 14 Cloisters Square WA 6850 Ph: 9282 0777
Please ask if you would like to be given a copy of this document for your retention.
Details of Agent giving this Information Statement
Agents Name: TRS Resourcing Pty Ltd
Agents Address: CARLTON, 3053, VIC