Covid-19 has affected jobs and industries in different ways. While many businesses in the hospitality, arts, media and accommodation sectors have had to close, reduce staff hours or make positions redundant, technical blue collar industries and roles have seen a significant increase in demand for work and jobs.
Job agencies have been working with businesses during this situation to help meet higher staffing demands, and to place job seekers in positions as quickly as possible.
What are the benefits of using a job agency to find work during Covid?
Using a job agency such as TRS Resourcing may be the best way to find a job during Covid restrictions for four reasons:
- It will save you time – Labour hire agencies have networks across Australia and thorough recruitment processes that can help you get a job quickly. Instead of searching through hundreds of Seek job adverts or Gumtree job listings, a labour hire firm will be able to match your unique skills and experience to roles in their database and with industry connections.
- Connected to industry – Job agencies have been running for many years and are well established across different industries. Their recruiters are at the cutting edge of industry job demands and needs – including during Covid! This means job agencies are more likely to find roles for even the most specialised skillsets and trades in difficult times.
- They want to fill job positions – Job hire companies are paid by businesses when they fill a vacant role – so they are motivated to find a position that suits every job seeker as quickly as possible. There is no benefit to placing a person in a role that doesn’t suit them as the business won’t use their services again – so job seekers benefit and companies fill roles!
- Access to hidden opportunities – Many jobs are unadvertised. Job agencies are often contacted before roles are made public to try and fill positions quickly and with highly qualified staff. These opportunities are not available to the general job seeking public and means if you join a job agency, you can get your foot in the door faster.
What can a job agency do for me?
A job agency finds great people who are highly skilled and puts them in the best roles that are available across different sectors. Job firms like TRS Resourcing are industry specialists, so they understand what is happening in the industry, what the job trends are for the future and how to best match people to positions.
And the best thing is, labour hire firms can help you find temporary, part-time or full-time roles while making sure that your qualifications and training are up to date.
1. Improve your resume
The most important document you can have while searching for a job is a high-quality resume. This two-page piece of paper is often your only chance to catch the attention of a prospective employer and to sell your skills, work experience and unique abilities.
If your resume is out of date or you need to format your resume professionally, you can use the free TRS Resume Generator to create a new resume or CV.
2. Find the latest jobs
Working in partnership with industries means that job hire agencies know about jobs before they are advertised. These positions may come about from networking events, changes in market trends or situations such as Covid-19. When a role cannot be filled immediately from the list of job seekers already with a job agency, they are made available on an online job board.
If you are a job seeker, you can also sign up for job alerts here to hear about jobs when they first become available.
3. Get industry ready
Businesses want to know that the staff they are employing are qualified and ready to start work immediately. When a company recruits through a job agency, they are guaranteed that the staff provided have the correct licences, certificates, qualifications and the right to work in Australia.
Job agencies also ensure that safety training and WHS inductions are up to date for each person, and can provide training when they are out of date. This keeps both the staff and the businesses safe. At TRS, records of inductions, certificates, licences and more are kept in a database, so that they can be sent to potential employers at a moment’s notice now and in the future.
4. Work safely during the Covid-19 situation
Due to Covid-19 and the regularly changing health advice and recommendations, TRS Resourcing has taken extra steps to ensure that job seekers and businesses looking for staff remain safe. These precautions include:
- Updating job seekers and business clients with the latest information and health recommendations for Covid-19 in line with OH&S principles.
- Using the online TRS portal for job seekers to submit resumes and information
- Designing a Covid-19 screening process for the entire workforce to prevent Covid transmission.
- Implementing a declaration form for jobseekers to ensure everyone understands and can adhere to the different Covid-19 recommendations in each state and territory.
- Ensuring that all staff and clients uphold social distancing of 1.5m between people when face to face interactions are unavoidable.
- Upskilling all staff on proper techniques for handwashing and sneezing/coughing.
- Changing availability to be contactable via telephone, email, webchat and video conference.
- Providing updates via email, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Do my skills fit a technical blue collar role?
A blue collar position requires specialist physical skills or a trade, and are found across different industries such as construction jobs and mining. Technical blue collar roles are non-construction trades. These jobs include but are not limited to:
- Trade Assistants – Transport Industry
- Diesel Mechanics
- Aluminium Polishers
- Truck Trailer Mechanics
- Industrial Spray Painters
- Commercial Cleaners
- Commercial Spray-Painters
- Mechanical Fitters
- Quarry Maintenance
- Truck Trailer Mechanics
- Heavy Duty Fitters
- Driller Offsiders
- Blast-hole drillers
- Field Technicians
With offices in Perth and Melbourne the staff at TRS Resourcing are able to find roles across all of Australia. If you are unsure that your skills fit technical blue collar positions or if TRS Resourcing is suitable to help you find a job, talk to us here
Support and resources
We understand that the Covid-19 situation is new to everyone and that searching for a job during this time can be difficult. Further support and resources for dealing with Covid are available below:
- Lifeline – Mental health and wellbeing
- Department of Health – Health Alerts
- Safe Work Australia – Information for Workplaces
- Human Services – Job Seeker payment
- Australian Tax Office – Financial hardship